Line weight in shapes corrupted

Started by ricoma, May 11, 2016, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricoma

Does anyone know why line segments in shapes would suddenly be different? I have shapes that haven't been opened in a while but when I insert them certain line segments no longer have the same line weight. It looks as if they were trimmed by a line with a different weight.

Surrogate

Quote from: ricoma on May 11, 2016, 03:09:07 PM
Does anyone know why line segments in shapes would suddenly be different?
never see this issue !
are you sure that shape isn't group shape which contained some shapes into ?

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

novski

I have some similar effects.
Sometimes my Visio doesn't show the shapes or content of shapes and sometimes also it gets cut.
But i was able to solve that by zooming in and out to certain positions where then all apeard correct.
Zooming in again the parts disapeard / cut again...

Are these 2D Lines or 1D? (in developer menu go to behaviour)

Regards, Novski

ricoma

I am using visio 2013. Attached is a stencil that has corrupted shapes in it. You will see the corner group should have the same line weights as the other groups.

Surrogate

in this case each master-shape contain a lot of internal shapes. each shape can have own lineweight !

novski

On my side it doesn't show changeing line-weights. It stays as in the stencil if i bull it over to a page...
Only the green arrow seams to spread vertialcaly.
Do you know where you can edit all the line-properties? i attached some printscreens...

Surrogate

Another ways
1. Press Shift+F3 key for change line-properties.
2. via shapesheet

novski

Quote from: Surrogate on May 17, 2016, 08:05:09 AM

1. Press Shift+F3 key for change line-properties.

thanks for that! I never looked the shortcut up but it will devinitely speed up my work.

ricoma

Has no one experienced the sort of thing that I am talking about? These shapes were not altered by anyone. It would take days of deliberate sabatoge. Somehow the line info inside groups has changed, perhaps with an update to the program. I have left an example in an earlier post. Please do not post answers as how to access the line weight in the shapesheet. I am trying to determine how this happened in the first place.

novski

How many stencil do you have to solve?
I tried to change the lineweight inside of the stencil and can solve it almost with one changement...
Rightclick the stencil and click on edit. Then doubbleclick the shape you like to change and enter the stencil editor and select all shapes then you can change the lineweight of all shapes to 0 and that solves the problem that if you drop it to a smaler page it doesn't look good.
Hope that helps...
Regards, novski