1D Shape hooking in to a smaler area

Started by novski, May 30, 2016, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novski

Hi
I have a Panel for Audio connectors. I made me some shapes that i can drag ontop of the Panel and i try to make them snap.
The panel looks like the first printscreen and the near view left connector shows where i snap by the green points.
The right connector is higher/taler and if i make it 1D it does not snap because the lower endpoint snaps but the upper endpoint doesn't.
I have to make 2 posts because of the restriction to add more than 2 attachments...

novski

im now searching for a solution to hook the taler shape to the same connection points.
I tryed to make the 1D Groupe shape a bit smaler without to change the size of the shapes inside the groupe by playing arround with the LocPinX/Y and PinX/Y but without success...
Maybe somebody has a different idea or a solution how to hook that connector correctly to the panel.

wapperdude

Thought:  on your panel, place place a connection point at one of the mounting screw holes, e.g. Upper left hole.  Then, add a connection  upper left corner for each of your connector shapes.  Think that ought to work.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

novski

Hi Wapperdude
What kind of attribute does the connectionpoint on the panel and the one on the Connector have to be? In, Out, In/Out?
I still have problems to make them glue to eatch other...
Thanks, Novski

novski

Im still having problems with this case and i now made a abstracted test and cold reproduce that "not glueing" issue i have with 2 very simple shapes.
If you move one shape over the other then it only glues to one point.
Because it has 2 connection points it can be onetime on top and one time on bottom.
I wold like to have it glued to top and bottom at the same time.
Maybe you now think, "thats great its solved because it glues upon eachother!". But the next problem is if you turn the "back" of those shapes 45° the second one doesn't follow.
So, that's why i need to have both connecitons glued properly.
Any sugestions how to make both glue at the same time?

wapperdude

I have V2007, so can't look at vsdx, need vsd.

2nd, you can't glue one shape to two points.  Visio won't let you do that...well not directly.  If you convert your shape to 1D behavior, that would work, because each "line" end is processed separately.  This is a viable solution, but, you'll probably have to rebuild your connector shape in order to get the "line ends" in the desired locations.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

novski

Yes i noticed that it works with 1D but didn't thaught that its prohibited with 2D. Always thaught its not the exact same x-y location..  ::)
Thanks for that informaiton!
Regards, Novski