Visio 2016 add-in installation

Started by bsculley, May 27, 2016, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsculley

I have developed a Visual Studio 2013 C# add-in for Visio 2016.  It is a COM add-in based on the FlowChart example in the SDK and uses the lightweight InstallShield installer.

The program works fine on the development machine, but it won't install on any user machine.  It's not that it crashes on startup or gets disabled or anything like that, it never even shows up in the COM add-in dialog; like it doesn't exist.

I can't help but think this must be something simple, but I can't figure it out.  I've checked the registry after the install and everything looks as it should.  I need some help here.  Does anybody know what mechanism Visio uses to populate the add-in dialog?  any way to trouble shoot it?

Thanks,
Bob

Paul Herber

I'll guess that you aren't digitally signing the add-on you've created. In Visio the default setting is to ignore non-signed addons. You can change this in the security settings. Or buy a code-signing certificate.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/