Timestamp based on a container

Started by mjareo, June 07, 2016, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjareo

We are using Visio as the medium for a Kanban board which is actually tracking our backlog and the work in progress.  The simple structure is we have 3 containers (Not Started, In Progress, and Completed) which each have some user defined categories for the type of work that should be in them and also a shape data line of Prop.Status with the status name.  We then move the cards through the process as we plan the work, pull it into process, and then complete that particular task.

In order to create some additional reporting around this, I'm trying to timestamp when the cards (process shapes) move into the container.  I am able to easily create a shape data line which reads the Prop.Status value of the container it is in using CONTAINERSHEETREF(1)!Prop.Status, but trying to write an IF statement in another Shape Data line which references this result doesn't appear to work - the result always returns as true and never fails to the "if false" part of the function.

I hope this is enough data to explain how I'm trying to accomplish what I'm doing, but at the end of the day, what I really need is to figure out a way to create a timestamp when a shape moves into a container.

Yacine

Probably a matter of string1 = string 2 instead of strsame(string1, string2)
Have a look a "strsame".
Regards,
Y.

Yacine

mjareo

I found that just before you replied!  That's what I get for my first foray into expressions in Visio and expecting them to be the same as Excel :)

thank you!

Yacine

Yacine