experimented clues for optimisation and directions

Started by shinji7800, May 21, 2016, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinji7800

Hello,

I'm French (I apologize for my approximate English) I work in a NOC and we use MS Visio for principle diagram of our network.

This is the work of one colleague. He have tried to simplify the update interaction with stencil, master shapes data-shapes ect ect ...

Unfortunately is not enough :D, my colleague change company and I think make my contribution on this "project".

I have some ideas but I don't know if it is possible, that why I need some experimented/advertised persons to guide me 

The first question I have in mind is :

It is possible to make dynamics master shape in function of custom properties without VBA (I need to considering few know VBA and is not the priority of my service) . for exemple if I set a value to true a new  shape A appear, if I set a second value to true the shape A moved to left and shape B appear ect ect.

So I think to superpose all shapes (they are simple circle with each different color) if chose A, position it in foreground and unhide it after that if choose C, A moved to left(equal of the diameter of a circle), C move to top of the stack of circle and unhide it.

I hope you get what I tried to explain,

let me know if is not clear, I will try to made it better.

thanks

best regards

Surrogate

Hi, i am russian ! my english is poor too :)
i think you need learn "smart shape technology". in sub-forum ShapeSheet & Smart Shapes  (All about the black art of creating Visio Smart Shapes via the ShapeSheet interface)
for example
Quote from: Yacine on May 20, 2016, 01:48:43 PM
Hi Stephan,
welcome to the forum.

I uploaded such a configurator some time ago. You may have a look at this post: http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=6195.0;nowap

shinji7800

Hello, Thanks for your reply !

you must be right I was digging in this direction and what I found is interesting !

but I'm not an expert and I must learn lot of stuff because my work is "lost"  (fortunately I had an intermediary save)

let me show you :)

in attachments you found a vss, inside there are 2 master shapes ...

I succeed to do what I want in edition mode, but when I use the master shape in a vsd services flags don't works any more

from what I understand  the order for grouping shapes is important ... I looking for a way to reorganize sheet orders ... furthermore, my formulas are gone since the grouping (in the second mastershape) ...