Hook 1D LineWeight of a Line End to the LineWeight of the 1D Line shapesheet?

Started by novski, May 12, 2016, 08:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novski

Hi
I wold like to hook the LineWeight of my Line to the LineWeight of the Line End. So if i widen the Line also the Line End widens his lines.
But if i try to seet a Formulae to the LineEnd like LineWeight=sheet.1!LineWeight it does not recognize the sheet.

Is that inhibited by visio 2013?

Regards, Novski

Gustavo

If by Line End you mean LineCap or EndArrowSize cells, you can set a formulae like "=IF(LineWeight>=6,GUARD(2),IF(LineWeight<=6,GUARD(1),GUARD(0)))" in the LineCap or EndArrowSize cells, just check out the Cell Reference https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj945060.aspx for the proper numbers for the LineCap/EndArrowSize cells.

Good Luck

novski

hmm. i think you miss understand me.
What i am looking for is not to change the line end depending on the line weight but to change the line weight of the line end depending on the line weight of the line it sits on top.
I added a printscreen to show a extrem example.
The Line Weight of the line is quite thick and the selfmade Dot-LineEnd does have a thin line weight.
I wold like to sync those two values so that the Lineweight of the Dot is always the same as the Line itself...

RudySchneider

I'm a bit confused.  I'm using Visio 2013.  If I create a line and specify that I want a dot on the end of that line, the size of the dot does indeed change with the weight of the line.  Are you saying that yours does not?  Or is the dot a separate object, which you would like to automatically resize based on the line to which you "attach" it?
There are no problems, only opportunities

novski

Hi RudySchneider
This is my own line End. Its possible to create a self made Line End by right click on the Drawinexplorer folder Line Ends...
(i only have a German version so the printscreen is maybe not your Language...)

I have created a Line End there and whant that Line End to follow the Line Weight...
Regards, Novski