Visio 2016 not recognizing any new fonts

Started by vakola, November 16, 2016, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vakola

Hello,

I am attempting to install new fonts for use in Visio.   I am aware that only true type fonts are supported and have since been attempting to install only true type fonts, but no matter which ones I install, they are not recognized by Visio.  However are recognized in all other MS Office applications.

I am at a loss as to why visio refuses to show any new fonts.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Nikolay

It might be the old issue that Visio understands "true-type" fonts but unlike other office apps does not understand "open-type" fonts. You might need to convert your font from open-type to true-type.

Possible duplicate of:
http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=5042.0

vakola

Hello Nikolay,

As I mentioned before I am only trying to install true type fonts at this point and even they are not being displayed. 

I have also attempted to convert an open type font to a true type font as well with no success in Visio (but they all work fine in the other MS Office applications).

Is there any secret font restriction settings or something else deeply hidden that might be stopping these fonts from working?

Nikolay

Quote from: vakola on November 17, 2016, 10:02:00 AM
Hello Nikolay,

Is there any secret font restriction settings or something else deeply hidden that might be stopping these fonts from working?

As far as I know, the only reason why font is not appearing in Visio, but is appearing in other office applications, is that the font is "open type" font (and not "true type" font). To make it appear, you need to convert it to true type, as described it the link above.. Sorry can't be of more help.

Thorns

I'm having trouble adding new fonts too. Is there a list of supported fonts anywhere or can anyone recommend some that are compatible?

David.P

I have the same problem here, however in Visio 2003.

It is this true type font:
EraserDust

I even used this font ten years ago in Visio 2003, but now Visio won't show the font in the font list when formatting text.

The font shows up and works fine in Word 2003 and everywhere else.

I'm at a loss what else to do.
Visio 2003 for production
Visio 2019

Nikolay

I guess this issue might be easier than the one described here (open type vs true type).
Try installing the font for all users. Visio 2003 most probably has no idea about UAC.

David.P

Nikolay!

That instantly did it!

The font beautifully turns up in Visio 2003 now.

Thank you!
Visio 2003 for production
Visio 2019