Lock Display Options And Reset On Same Page

Started by Malcolm Debono, February 11, 2016, 11:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Debono

Hi Wapperdude Thank you for spending the time, appreciated. I cannot find the sheet.? I found the trace window which refers to sheet.707 for the sill depth and I have drawing explorer but I cannot find where it refers to Page>Shapes>Window>Shapes>Sheet.708. I opened each tree in drawing explorer. I must be doing something wrong, image attached.

wapperdude

You're close.  My explanation was too simple.

Sounds like sheet.707 is what you want.   The ID number changes,  it's like an increment counter that advances for every new shape added to drawing. 

There should be help available for DEW ( drawing explorer window). 

Expand the foreground pages.  That will show all of the Drawing pages in your file.   Expand the page your shape is on. Keep expanding in manner previously indicated until you come to your target shape,  "707".
Visio 2019 Pro

Malcolm Debono

I just don't get it. I have searched and searched the image attached shows I selected a window on the visio page. Formula trace says it is sheet440!Width. Drawing explorer shows Window- Sheet419 to Sheet427 then Window.448 Sheet449- 450,451. If I open one of the sheets it show Layers.

wapperdude

From pix that you've captured,  the shape you've selected is identified as "No 3", not "Window".  The Size &Position Window shows name of selected shape, as will the banner of the shapesheet (which isn't shown here).  So you're not going down the correct shape tree
Visio 2019 Pro

Malcolm Debono

Okay Wapperdude I think I got it. Thank You. Can you please tell me what I have done. Am I right in saying that if I go the route you just showed me.
I can change a window shape on a page and it will keep the changes.
I can change another window shape on a page and it will keep the changes.

Can you please tell me.
If I save those 2 windows as masters will they retain the display options?

I must say you are most helpful.

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro