Visio 2013 bug when converting to PDF

Started by Ahupp, March 08, 2016, 12:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahupp

Good day everyone!  The issue I am having is when using Visio 2013 and converting into a PDF (using Adobe Standard XI) the hyperlinked shape destinations are not retaining their destination.  I have used both 2007 and 2010 and this works fine but only when using 2013 into PDF does the hyperlink drop the user to the bottom of the page and not to the shape at the top of the page that it was assigned.  Does anyone know of a fix for this or a work around?

Hey Ken

Ahupp:

Not sure I understand your situation.  Can you provide more detail?  I routinely publish hyperlinked Visio diagrams as PDFs, but I've never been able to hyperlink to a particular page in the middle of a PDF, let alone picking a particular shape on a page.  It always goes to the top of Page One with no option to do anything else.

- Ken
Ken V. Krawchuk
Author
No Dogs on Mars - A Starship Story
http://astarshipstory.com

Ahupp

We use an E-manual written in Visio at my job and it is 480 pages at current.  In the manual the processes use multiple hyperlinks to navigate to other references within the same document.  Using the Developer tab and "Shape Name" we hyperlink using the Sub-Address and declare the shape name (usually the shape at the top of the destination page) so the process flow drops the user to the top of the page (or elsewhere if required).  I've included a couple of screenshots of the method being used, let me know if I can clarify further and thanks for the help!

Hey Ken

Ahupp:

My apologies that I was not clear.  I want to jump to a random page in the middle of another PDF.  When I try to enter a page name when hyperlinking to a PDF, Visio yells at me and says "You can only browse named locations in Visio files."  Bummer.  As it is, I'm stuck with a 600-page Visio file that I can't save as .vsdx.  Have you run into any problems with your 480-page file?  Check out the thread Problem saving a huge Visio file.

Should you (or anyone) ever find a way to jump from one PDF into the middle of another PDF, let me know!

Thanks,

- Ken
Ken V. Krawchuk
Author
No Dogs on Mars - A Starship Story
http://astarshipstory.com