Odd shape behavior for a relative noob

Started by Cindrich, January 18, 2016, 09:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindrich

Hi everyone, first post here.  Bear with my noobness. 

I'm using Visio in conjunction with D-tools if there are any other A/V guys out there.  Here's the issue:

I have some wire tag shapes, basically a rectangle with text that has snap points top and bottom.  These things always snap (or glue) together whether I drag the top one down or the bottom one up.  But now, for some really odd reason, I can snap from the top shape down but not from the bottom shape up. 

As in, I place the first shape where it want it.  It's going to be the top one in the list of tags.  When I drag the second shape in and try to snap it to the bottom of the first shape, it won't take.  If I take the first shape and drag it on top of the second one, it will take.

This only happens on one of 3 pages.  The other 2 pages behave properly.  Did I inadvertently click something?  Any idea how to make this work again?

Maybe pertinent information:
Visio 2013 Pro
Mac Pro running windows 7 (64 bit) in VMware Fusion 8
Never had this happen before...

Help?

Yacine

My first thought would have been, that the connection points are not set properly and I would have recommended this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMI-bhf1Nqk
But having them working on the first 2 pages and not on the 3rd one ... mysterious. ???
Yacine