Adding pin out information for wiring diagrams

Started by ThirdDimension, January 11, 2016, 08:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThirdDimension

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all very much for all your support with my questions!

I created a custom line pattern that I use on my wiring diagrams. I am in the process of adding a text boxes for the "wire pin out" and "pin out description" to my custom wire shape.

I would like the "pin out" and "pin out description" to be part of the wire shape so I can move the wire and keep the pin out and description on my diagram correct. 

I have was able to add the pin out to the left end of the wire successfully by pinning the text box to the wire using Geometry1.X1 and Gemoetry1.Y1  However, I am not able to do this to the right end successfully.  However, I am having trouble identifying a field that corresponds to the wire end.  I have tried pinning the label to the wire 1-D Enpoints, geometry1X2, Y2, etc. but cannot get the labels to remain attached during all configurations of the wire (straight and bent)

thanks

3rd D

Yacine

Hi 3rd D,
Best would be to use the controls section.
Its rows have the possibility to adjust the behaviour of the points relatively to the beginning, center or end of the connector.
For a point to stick with the beginning set its behaviour XBehavior and YBehavior to 2. For the end point set it to 4.
If you don't want to show the control points, you can use 7 and 9 respectively.
Regards,
Y.
Yacine

ThirdDimension

Thanks for the help Yacine,

I needed to use a formula becuase for some reason the "pin out" and "pin description" would move off center when BeginY was = to EndY (straigt line).

I used:

GUARD(IF(Sheet.1!BeginY=Sheet.1!EndY,Sheet.1!Height*0.5,Sheet.1!Height*1))

I am not sure why this was, but it seems to work.

3rd D

Yacine

Glad it worked, despite I did not really get where you insert the formula. ;)
Cheers,
Y.
Yacine