Hyperlink to a Powerpoint slide not working??

Started by AFK_Matrix, December 16, 2015, 10:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK_Matrix

Hi there,

I have created a Cross-Functional Flowchart and want to link some of the boxes etc to specific slides in PowerPoint.  So I right click a box and select Hyperlink and in the Address box I browse to my Powerpoint document.  Then in the Sub-address I put the slide number e.g. 10 and click OK.  I then try clicking on the box and it does open the powerpoint but at the title page not on slide 10??

I have also tried to link a specific page in a word document as well by creating a bookmark in word and then typing the bookmark name in the sub-address of the hyperlink window in visio.  And again it will open the word document but at the title page not the bookmark??

Please help!

AFK_Matrix

So 81 views and no one has an answer?  Great will go find another forum that is more helpful.

Hey Ken

AFK_Matrix:

Hi.  I've never been able to get that sort of hyperlink to work either, and believe me I've tried.  Speaking as one of your 81 views, I viewed this thread hoping to see an answer; but odds are if no one answered, no one has an answer.  My guess is that it can't be done, but I could always be wrong.  If you do find an answer on another forum, could you please post it here?  That would be Great.

Thanks,

- Ken

P.S.  I've learned an awful lot here, and I've found the forum folks to be consistently helpful and courteous. 
Ken V. Krawchuk
Author
No Dogs on Mars - A Starship Story
http://astarshipstory.com

wapperdude

My experience ends with V2007 since I've not upgraded to any newer version, but, if you open the hyperlink dialog menu, then click on the Help button, you get an explanation of the various form entries.  I've copied the explanation of the Sub-address:
Sub-address

Displays a Web site anchor, or a page or shape in another Microsoft Office Visio drawing that you can link to. Click Browse to open the Hyperlink dialog box to specify the sub-address. If you browsed to an anchor within a Web site to fill in Address, this field displays the address of the anchor.

My experience with linking to external files is limited, as I normally just link within a Visio document, but, it doesn't appear that it is possible to link to specific pages within another document.  That seems reasonable, as Visio would not know anything about the document until after it is opened.

wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro