Additive Blocks

Started by wabright, December 15, 2015, 03:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wabright

Everyone,

I am trying to develop a solution where the text of blocks can be summed and placed on the page.  The attachment has 3 blocks with numbers which are transferred to the master block, where they are summed.  The group can be un-grouped and the blocks can be moved around the page as needed while maintaining functionality.  The catch is I want the user to be able to delete one or more of the blocks and the master shape take them out of the equation.  So, if my three blocks are numbers 2, 4 and 6 (sum of 12) and I delete block "2", the master changes to 10.  Currently, deleting a block removes the logic because it looses its reference. 

The real application here is transformers which have various amperages that need to be summed into a single summary block.  I am not as concerned with the user adding blocks, simply taking them away. They need to be placed on the page easily to allow for wiring between transformers and the components associated with them.  I'd prefer to avoid VBA to keep the drawing free of macros, if possible.

Thanks for the help!