3d layered electrical network

Started by asgarmin, December 03, 2015, 12:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asgarmin

hi all
i want to draw this photo in visio. i can draw one layer but i cant add other layers to it.

Paul Herber

Is this using the 3D properties of Visio 2016?
(P.S. the image was fine in the first post)
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

asgarmin

Quote from: Paul Herber on December 03, 2015, 12:39:41 PM
Is this using the 3D properties of Visio 2016?
(P.S. the image was fine in the first post)
I saw this photo in article and i dont know how that drawn.

wapperdude

There is nothing "3D" about that drawing.  It looks like all that was done was to draw the upper section normally, group it, rotate it, duplicate it twice, position the duplicates to get the stacked effect, and align.  While still grouped, use the distribute shapes to get identical spacing between the three elevations.  Once positioning is good, ungroup.  Enter values as necessary in the 2nd and 3rd levels.  Connect the three levels as needed.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

asgarmin

Quote from: wapperdude on December 03, 2015, 03:38:37 PM
There is nothing "3D" about that drawing.  It looks like all that was done was to draw the upper section normally, group it, rotate it, duplicate it twice, position the duplicates to get the stacked effect, and align.  While still grouped, use the distribute shapes to get identical spacing between the three elevations.  Once positioning is good, ungroup.  Enter values as necessary in the 2nd and 3rd levels.  Connect the three levels as needed.

HTH
Wapperdude
thanks dear Wapperdude for your help but i started to work with visio recently and I dont have enough skills in this subject. can you introduce me a help refrences  to draw the photo.

wapperdude

Which version of Visio?  Also, standard or ???

Although this reference is for V2002, it is an excellent introduction to Visio wrt to fundamentals.  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa200939(v=office.10).aspx

I've attached a simple version of your diagram.  This was done in V2007.  Resistor was made once, "on-the-fly".  The upper left was the basic drawing.  It was used to generate the diagram on the right.  Another step that will ease creating the drawing is to set the page routing behavior to straight.

If you're using a version newer than V2007, someone who knows where things are on the ribbon ought to be able to point out where to find things.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

asgarmin

Quote from: wapperdude on December 03, 2015, 04:21:29 PM
Which version of Visio?  Also, standard or ???

Although this reference is for V2002, it is an excellent introduction to Visio wrt to fundamentals.  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa200939(v=office.10).aspx

I've attached a simple version of your diagram.  This was done in V2007.  Resistor was made once, "on-the-fly".  The upper left was the basic drawing.  It was used to generate the diagram on the right.  Another step that will ease creating the drawing is to set the page routing behavior to straight.

If you're using a version newer than V2007, someone who knows where things are on the ribbon ought to be able to point out where to find things.

Wapperdude
thank you dear Wapperdude. your file was really worked for me and could draw the photo