Shapesheet information will not save in Master

Started by jsm, December 01, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsm

Greetings,

I am trying to create a shape that essentially is a circle with a letter inside, and an arrow that points up.  When placed in the drawing, I want the shape to rotate (to point the arrow), but the text to remain upright and horizontal on the page.

I found a solution here regarding shapesheets, specifically text transform (Angle = IF(BITXOR(FlipX,FlipY),Angle,-Angle)), and it worked fabulously.

Now I have to update the symbol, but each time I have tried (copy master and edit, or create a new one), I cannot add this formula to the shapesheet.  Whenever I enter it and close the shapesheet window, it resets to default (Angle = 0).  At one point it seemed to work when editing the Master, but didn't once I closed it and put the shape in a drawing.

My question is: what is preventing my shapesheet from saving changes that I make?

Thanks.

Paul Herber

You need to be setting the TxtAngle cell in the TextTransform section. Is that what you are doing?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

jsm

Yes.  That was the attribute I meant.

I got it to work on my latest try.  I had entered the formula I listed in my post as =IF(blah), rather than IF(blah).  I think the equals sign may have been messing with it.  I just pasted it from a txt file I keep neat stuff like that in.