shapesheet section "Shape Transform" cell Height

Started by novski, November 23, 2015, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novski

Hi
can somebody explane me why the cell "Height"
in the shape-sheet section "Shape Transform"
stops to calculate Formulae =GUARD(EndY-BeginY)
as soon as it gets <5mm until <-5 mm or <0.25in until <-0.25in?
Best Regards, Novski

Yacine

Cannot replicate the problem.
Can you upload the shape?
Yacine

novski

Hi Yacine
Here i made a drawing.
Thanks, Novski

edit:I need to add that its the Connector shape-sheet that i'm looking at.

Yacine

That's funny even the formula changes!
When Height > x it shows " =GUARD(EndY-BeginY) ", when smaller it shows  "=GUARD(5mm) ".

I won't be able to explain this nice finding, but may be we can help you otherwise.
What are you trying to do?
Yacine

novski

oh. Thats too complicated.
I have a connector that has two textshapes. One is on the begin of the connector line and the other one on  the end.
I make schematics vor A/V Installations and from time to time (like every 50th connector) i have strange behaviors i can't locate.
The Text jumps up 2cm or the Text Angle changes.
But if i move the connected point (allways a 2D shape) just a 1/10mm it jumps back to its right place.
Then i save it and re-open and its faulty again. So its something i can reproduce but just in certain way.
I think its not worth that you  to spend time. Maybe its best if i just ask some striped down questions like the one here...

Thanks for any hints or explanation...
Regards, Novski

Yacine

Let me reformulate my question.
If you use another field than the height (eg a user cell), the value is calculated properly.
Does it really need the height to be recalculated or may another field fulfil the same function?
Yacine

wapperdude

This is not a new behavior.  It is a feature of "connectors" and has to do with the underlying code associated with the connector.  Easiest thing might be to just use a line shape.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

novski

Hi again, and Thanks for the Help and infos.

@wapperdude: are you able to explaine me a little more about the underlying code and why this is like it behaves? Maybe that can help me in finding the solution...

@Yacine: i first need to know where the problem occurs before i can search for a workaround solution... Im searching in my code for possible faults. But as everytime if something only occasionally happens it's really a pain to find. But you can help me if you know (and tell me) about functions that may occasionally didn't worked in past on your side...

in German its called "to search a needle in a haystack"  :)

Best Regards, Novski

wapperdude

It's built-in behavior.  Don't think I ever found a work-around.
Visio 2019 Pro