Adding and/or Sorting Section Rows

Started by AlexHP, November 05, 2015, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHP

New one...

I am adding rows to the Shape Data section of the Document Shape Sheet and rather than the row being added at the end (bottom) of the list of rows, it is adding in the middle of the list. And I don't seem to be able to sort the rows. Is this normal? Is there a way to add to the bottom of the list or even in the middle but at a specified location? Is it possible to sort the list. Please help!! Thank you.

Alex...

wapperdude

The "Sort Key" allows you to set the order of how things show up in the Shape Data window.  Will still be out of order in the shapesheet though.

Might be able to correct the order with VBA, but, never tried.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

AlexHP

OK, but what about adding rows? Do they always get added in the middle of the list or can I make them be added to the end of the list?

Alex...

wapperdude

Visio likes to keep the rows consecutive, but, it does not re-assign rows if some have been deleted.  Thus it adds rows to fill in the blank, missing rows, then goes to the end.  At least, that's my understanding.  Adding rows by code might be different, as you can specify a row number.

Work around would be to fill blank rows with dummy fillers so your new rows get placed at the end.  Then, when done, delete the dummies.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

AlexHP

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Thanks.

Alex...