(Sorry) Extremely basic question...

Started by jaylock92, September 02, 2015, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaylock92

Brand new to Visio here. Basically what I am doing is opening pre-existing drawings of floor plans with electrical information, and deleting everything except the basic layout of the buildings and rooms (doors, walls, hallways, etc). Some of these drawings have hundreds of shapes the electricians had put in them and each shape also has a pair of numbers attached.

I know absolutely nothing about VBA but from searching through forum questions, I know there should be a code function that will allow me to select all shapes of a certain type (triangles) and delete them in one swift click. I cannot click each individual shape and press delete or this project will take me weeks.

Now I have found a few codes that say they will do what I want them to do, but I have no idea how to actually use the code. How do I input the code into VBA and then save it so that executing the code becomes a command? I am a complete beginner so please forgive me.

I have Visio opened in developer mode, I have clicked into the Visual Basic icon and from there I have no clue what do to.

Someone PLEASE help!
Thank you.

Surrogate

Open VBA editor - press keys Alt+F11, paste there your few codes