Resetting the alignment box?

Started by Miki, August 03, 2015, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki

Hello,
I have created a master shape which is a small rectangle. I used the code to extract the coordinates from a *.CSV file, made the master shape to be dropped on the page and apply those coordinated to it. As it turns out that the final shape is much larger than the initial master shape I created. My problem is the alignment box that surrounds the shape, for resize and rotation, is still the same small size as it was in the original shape. Is it possible to make the alignment box reset to the new shape?

Here is an image. The gray area is the new shape. The wire like rectangle is the alignment box of master shape. The top image shows the gray area as the new shape and the tiny wire like alignment box in the lower left corner of the shape. This is how it comes out.

What I want is shown in the second image. The alignment box should cover the entire shape and not just the tiny lower left corner. How do I make the alignment box to cover the entire shape?

As always, any help is appreciated.
Thank you!
-Miki

Miki

wapperdude

Have you tried resetting the alignment box at all, e.g., shape> tools> update alignment box?

Are you trying to do the update in code?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

did you try making the shape a group...group offers additional behaviors and controls even if group is a single shape

Miki

Aha! "Update Alignment Box" worked.
Did not knew if that sort of command existed.

I used a code to draw these shapes and then added this command line to it:
activewindow.selection.updatealignmentbox

Works now!

Thanks Wapperdude!

-Miki