Resize Entire Drawing from 21x36 to Legal - All at Once - But Readable

Started by chsalam, January 21, 2009, 05:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chsalam

I am lazy  :D and would like to be able to resize a drawing which got very big into a readable diagram that will print on one of our page sizes here Letter or Legal. I would like it "Ideally" to break at logical points and do not mind it going over a few pages but when I shrink it to leagal one page from 21x36 to 8/15 x 14 the print is SOO tiny no one can read it. I would like to be able to group and move it ont the page, but then the font is bigger than the shapes and i see a whole lot of work I do not want to do...... This thing was due this a.m. and i am stuck - HELP :))) and thanks!

Carolyn

Visio Guy

Hi Carolyn,

Maybe you can spread it over a Tabloid (11x17) page, and print it on roughly 2 pages.

Here's a way to do it without worrying about messing up your Visio shapes:

1. Select all shapes (Ctrl+A)
2. Create a new, empty document
3. Set the page size to tabloid via File > Page Setup > Page Size
4. Paste your copied shapes by using Edit > Paste Special > Enhanced Metafile

You've created a dumb, yet vector-based version of your drawing. You can freely scale this object. Fonts will scale, and SmartShapes won't try to be smart.

Sometimes connectors misbehave using this technique, unfortunately, but hopefully this will work for you.

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010