Very urgent!Please help_Creating custom shapes in Visio 2013

Started by mchilapur, September 28, 2013, 09:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchilapur

[Moderator] Original poster removed his own message, added an inappropriate image, then deleted himself. Attachment and content removed.

Yacine

Hi Madvesh,
duplicating lines can't be a solution. When ever you'll need to edit your drawing again, you'll end up with a big mess.

Use instead line patterns or even shadows.

I enclose a small drawing showing both possibilities. It includes also a macro I recorded, that shows the code to set the line pattern of a shape.

HTH, Y.
Yacine

Nikolay

In Visio 2013, you can use "Effects" to achieve the same - click the "Effects" button, and select "Glow" (set glow color to white if you need to) - this will produce the line type you want.

Nikolay

Okay. It seems we just don't get WHY do you want to duplicate these lines - it seems that it makes no sense if all you want is just sort of glow effect??  ;)
Note that you can use VBA to apply style/effects as well

Nikolay

Hmm.. this kind of approach makes me a sad panda  :)
"Send me", "Let me check".. I personally did not state anything about VSD, btw. Do you mean that you are offering a paid job?

Yacine

Hi Madvesh,
the people contributing in this forum do it in their spare time. They do it because they want to help, not because they must.
When they give an advice, then it will most often be based on the experiences, the gathered over many many hours, days, years.
So when they propose to you to change your approach and you don't understand it, you may either ask why they propose something else, or explain yourselves why it must be the way you want it.
Furthermore, we (I) give hints and direct in the right direction, we don't do the work of other people. We still expect them to work, think and research by themselves.
You've got now so many hints, that you should be able to work by yourselves.
Good luck.

PS: maybe you missed this one. Recording a macro gives you all the necessary commands to access whatever parameter you need to change and I saw in your code, that you know already how to apply the code to a set of shapes. If you need to stick with your initial requirement, then that's the way to follow.

Regards, Yacine.
Yacine

Yacine

What an impolite person.

[Moderator] Title reset to original.
Yacine

Noisy Cricket

Hmmm.... makes me wonder what the 1st post was now......

But yes... it's an ugly piece of line... why copy it?

Gijs
( after 2 beers...)