Show Shape Data 'Inputs' and 'Outputs' associated with a Process Shape

Started by RogerC, June 25, 2015, 11:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerC

I created a diagram using the Process Improvement template found on Office.com. 

The swimlanes in this template contain Process shapes that have Inputs and Outputs listed as elements in their Shape Data properties table.   

While all of the Process Shapes do have text entries in the Inputs and Outputs rows of their Shape Data properties, only some of them are actually showing these Inputs and Outputs as rectangles directly underneath the Process Shape.  Image of a Process shape displaying Inputs and Outputs is attached. 

Just as the creator of this template did, I need to be able to show or not show the Inputs and Outputs boxes, depending on my need for the particular process.   

Can anyone tell me what causes the Inputs and Outputs to be displayed or not?

Nikolay

In this template, the Inputs/Outputs boxes are implemented with data graphics, to demonstrate usage of the data graphics.

So to show it for some other shape, you just need to add a data graphics to that shape, displaying inputs/outputs.
Like this:

RogerC

Thank you Nikolay.   I'm not able to see the image you attached, but I now know to research data graphics for my answer.  I will try that.