Import multiple pages into a flow

Started by SCKarl, January 19, 2009, 09:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCKarl

??? I'm not sure if there is a way to do this already or not. If so please let me know.

I am an IA for a large website. Many pages within the site are constantly being changed by many people. It is difficult to make sure a page you are using in some new flow is not undergoing revisions. This means sometimes we create a new flow that will be released in 6 months, but some of the pages in it will be outdated then because they are actually going to be changed in 3 months...

What I would like to do is have 1 visio file for EACH PAGE on the website. Then I would want to have separate tabs within that Visio for each phase/release. That way whenever you had an edit to that page you have 1 file you go find and can see current state, past states, future states etc...

THEN I would like to create my flow in a Visio doc that goes and grabs the pages I need in that flow from the different individual Visio files (with option of always getting the most recent version of a page or locking it and showing the version that was there when I created the document).

Anyone have ideas or had similar needs?

Paul Herber

If each page was named with its release date or version then the referring shape/page could have a hyperlink to the appropriate page.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/