Can't drag and drop certain shapes in Visio 2010 Pro

Started by AndyMacrae, May 13, 2015, 01:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMacrae

I am experiencing an odd issue.

I have a diagram of servers.  I can drag these shapes anywhere on diagram as per standard visio functionality.  A co-worker pointed out that it could be organized in a better way.  I agreed and implemented the change (creating some new pages and moving the servers to their new pages).  Everything was fine for about 10 mins, and then I suddenly was unable to drap the shapes anymore.  When I do drag a shape, it looks like its moving, but when I drop it it doesn't move...however, the Connectors for the shape do move.  So now when I select the shape I tried to move, I can see its connectors suddenly appear in the place I originally tried to drag the shape to.  I can move these connectors with the cursor keys.

I asked my co-worker to open a copy of the visio.  He was able to move them fine for a few minutes at first, but then they start to exhibit the same odd behaviour.  We are however still able to drag any other types of shapes (workstations/printers, etc).

Does anyone have any idea whats happening? I have some custom code on the EventXFMod that captures the X and Y coords of the shape and stores them in a DB so if anyone moves any servers on any copy of the visio I can just refresh my data and it will redraw my document to reflect the changes.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly apprectiated.  I've combed Google for hours but nothing seems to be a fix.