Connector type choosen by AutoConnect tool

Started by effebruno, April 22, 2015, 03:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

effebruno

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how Visio chooses the connector type it uses to connect shapes when I click on one of the AutoConnect blue arrows.

CASE A)
If I open the Basic Flowchart template, all connectors are lines with the final arrow.

CASE B)
If I create a blank new project, all connectors are simple lines without arrows. I could show the Document Stencil, edit the master connector shape and make all connectors different.

But, if I edit the master connector shape of CASE A), it shows me a simple line connector, not that of the connectors present on the diagram. Changing it, affects only the new connectors created by the AutoConnect, and not the ones already present. WHY? Where are that infos stored?

Thank you very much, regards,
Filippo

Nikolay

It is defined first by "master connector", i.e. the "Dynamic Connector" master in the document, and then by the active theme.
If you don't want some things to be overwritten by active theme, you can protect your connector from theme colors/effects/types (use Developer -> Protect, or GUARDs in ShapeSheet)

I don't know how if it is possible to modify the built-in themes however (probably not);
but maybe somebody else can shed some light on this.