Change shape color as a function as input

Started by austinli0415, April 16, 2015, 06:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinli0415

I am using VISIO to create a schematics. The idea is to change the shape color as a function as input.
Input here is current, output is the corresponding color. (0 mA as RGB(255,255,255) 850 mA as RGB(255,255,0))
I don't know what is wrong with my code. Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks.

Sub Color()

Dim inputData As Long

Dim A_CIRCUIT_COLOR As Long

Dim Color As Integer

inputData = INPUTBOX("Input A Current:", "Input")

Color = -0.3188 * 50 + 270.94

A_CIRCUIT_COLOR = RGB(255, 255, Color)

'Enable diagram services
    Dim DiagramServices As Integer
    DiagramServices = ActiveDocument.DiagramServicesEnabled
    ActiveDocument.DiagramServicesEnabled = visServiceVersion140

Dim UndoScopeID1 As Long
    UndoScopeID1 = Application.BeginUndoScope("Line Color")
    Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1135).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineColor).FormulaU = "A_CIRCUIT_COLOR"
    Application.EndUndoScope UndoScopeID1, True

End Sub

Paul Herber

Your code doesn't use the input data at all, the formula for Color evaluates to 255 so you are always setting RGB(255,255,255).
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Surrogate

i think it formula is correct
Color = 255-INT(0.3*inputData)

austinli0415

Hello Paul,

I should change  Color = -0.3188 * 50 + 270.94 to  Color = -0.3188 * inputData + 270.94 so I am using the input data.

After the change I run the program, it shows run-time error '-2032466904(86db0425): #NAME?

If I change Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1135).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineColor).FormulaU = "A_CIRCUIT_COLOR" to Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1135).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineColor).FormulaU = A_CIRCUIT_COLOR
the color is always black.

Surrogate

Color variable must be whole number!!!
0 to 255

wapperdude

There is a shapesheet solution which avoids using a macro.  It uses the SETATREF function.  For more info on SETATREF(), see post in User-supplied section:  What's with SETATREF anyway? http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=6383.0

The attached file has a line shape with the functionality of changing the value of current per Shape Data Entry.  As configured in this example, the allowable range of current is 0 to 10.  A Bound function limits the RGB calculated results to a range of 0 to 255, regardless of Shape Data values.  Within the bound function, is the INT (integer) function, which restricts values to whole numbers.  This is required for the RGB formula.

HTH
Wapperdude.
Visio 2019 Pro

noclass1980

I had a similar problem as I wanted to use variables for the RGB components. I could find any solutions in the many forums until the penny dropped. To change the colour is simply

[code]Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1135).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineColor).FormulaU = "RGB(" & ColR & "," & ColG & "," & ColB & ")"

but in your case, it's even simpler

Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1135).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowLine, visLineColor).FormulaU = "RGB(255, 255," & Color & ")"

Regards

NoClass2980