Printing Multiple Copies on Visio 2003

Started by tsmith, January 15, 2009, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmith

I have Visio 2003 and periodically must print more than one copy of a specific filename.vsd.
I open the vsd click on File then Print. A screen opens that allows the printing to which printer, how many copies to be printed etc. Regardless of what number I entered regarding how many copies to print, I get only ONE. I perform simular functions within MS Word, MS Excel, Graphics packages etc. and get as many copies as I dictate but have this problem only in Visio.
Any suggestions.
Tsmith

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

tsmith

WapperDude,
I followed the links that you provided only to find the problem is WELL known.
I found where the Printer Properties refer to "Colate" however I am unable a change it ... plus I bet if it gets changed it would cause other problems. MAYBE they can fix this before loosing marketshare.
I do have a work around but not real happy with it. I am certain I could paste the Visio Graphic to a MS Word Document, save it and print from within MS Word as many copies as I wish. The only problem in that is when I change the original VSD I must paste the image again. I hear yah, Waaahhh.
Tsmith

wapperdude

Sorry the collate doesn't work for you. 

Here at home, (I've only tried this on a simple 2 page drawing), I have no problem with the printer collate fcn and multiple copies.  I'm running V2007 Std, Windows XP.
Visio 2019 Pro

wapperdude

Final add:  printer is Canon MP960. 

Oh, collate also worked when printing pages in reverse order. 
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Fine here, V2003 Std on WinXP, HP Laserjet

While digging out the exact version I do a "System Information" from the Visio help menu:
Where the Visio information should be all I get is:
Office Event/Application Fault
  application: visio.exe

Ho hum.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

If you want to go to that much detail, I get: 
Application Version   12.0.6300.5000

This is shown the top line of Help > About Microsoft Office Visio.  An alternative way to get to the Office Info is via Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.   :)
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

That gives exactly the same error.
I can see the version numbers via the about dialogs though.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

wapperdude

Ah yes.  That is the "topic" heading.  Since Visio is really kind of a "step child" of Microsoft Office, I always assumed it was MS's clumsy way of including it.   ::)  :P
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Ah yes, I get the same error with Visio 2007 as well.
What are the Office applications doing in the system information anyway?  :-\

tsmith

Anyway,

If I open Visio 2003 and select Help, then About I get the following:
11.8161.8172 SP3.
Seems like I added the SP3 the last time I decided to do something about the printing problem.
I guess THAT was not fixed and still has not been fixed. Oh well.

As I say, I have found a way around the problem ... not real happy with it.
Paste into a MS word Doc and print it from their then save the DOC.

tsmith

wapperdude

If you haven't already done so by the time of this post, I've entered this issue as a poll in the Bugs section.  You might want to vote.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro