HyperLink Values

Started by rknight, April 02, 2015, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rknight

Hello,

I would like to know if Hyperlinks have values in Visio 2010. If so, I would like to use those values in a ShapeSheet formula. The formula will be in a User-Defined cell I created. It will be used to change another cell's value. I am ultimately seeking a work-around for the limited usage of EventDblClick's functionalities in Visio Services. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

Yacine

You need to be in expert mode and open the shapesheet. There you'll find the hyperlink addresses as any other formula and can edit them.
Yacine

rknight

Yacine,

Thank you for the response. I was able to input a formula in the Sub Address field. The formula work without clicking the hyperlink, but is it possible to have the formula in the Sub Address field set a another field's value only if the hyperlink is clicked. I'm using SETF(GETREF()). Is this the right approach to capture my request? 

Thank you

Nikolay

Well, double-click just does not work with Visio Services.. I think you could just accept this maybe?

I.e. I think you may be misunderstand what Visio Services do.. They just render diagram. But, unlike Visio, then don't provide dynamics (i.e. the ShapeSheet formulas are evaluated on server, so in the web browser you get a static "picture" more or less, with no rich interactivity, except zoom/pan/select shape).

I.e. the only types of events Visio Services 2010 library provides for a javascripts (browser) is basically like 5 events, 1 of which may be useful for interactivity (selection changed). Besides, with SharePoint 2010 you have Silverlight as rendering engine, you can't have "your own" events.

End of story, I would say - "you can't trick the nature":)

rknight

Nikolay,

Thank you. I'm looking into other approaches to take. Will formulas in EventDblClick's field work in Visio Viewer 2010? Or can I use "shapeselectionchanged" in API Mashup to highlight a target shape after clicking a shape with a hyperlink. My current javascript code use "shapeselectionchanged" to implement the click functionality on shapes with hyperlinks. It work perfect, but I would like it to also highlight the target shape if possible.

Thank you

Yacine

Quote from: rknight on April 03, 2015, 03:38:36 PM
... but is it possible to have the formula in the Sub Address field set a another field's value only if the hyperlink is clicked. I'm using SETF(GETREF()). Is this the right approach to capture my request? 

Probably yes, but I did not really understand what you are trying to do.
Yacine

rknight

Yacine,

I have hyperlinks from shape-shape. Hyperlinks go to a shape on a different page. Each page have multiple shapes. Each Shape have 1 hyperlink to another shape on a different page. If I click a hyperlink on Page-1, I would link the shape connected to the hyperlink on Page-2 to have a red highlight around it. I would like the user to know which shape on Page-2 is connected to the shape on Page-1. Is this functionality possible in Visio Services or Visio Web Pages?

Thank you

Yacine

Sorry, but I don't have Exchange, so I don't know that much about V. Services and Web Pages.
From what Nikolay writes, this is not possible?
Yacine