Building Core Object Printing Too Light

Started by bikerk, March 26, 2015, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikerk

I am creating very simple floorplans.  Everything looks great on screen, but whenever I print, the building core objects such as sinks and toilets are so light that they are almost invisible.  The walls and text are perfect.  I cannot find anything on this subject so I'm really hoping someone can help this newbie.  Thank you.

wapperdude

A picture is worth a couple of words...   :P

Can you upload something so that we can see what you're describing.  Visio file would be best choice, but a picture might suffice...at least for starters.

Which version of Visio? 
Are you printing directly from Visio or converting to some other format 1st, e.g., pdf?
Does your drawing use a background?  If so, is printing background turned off?

Is your print driver up to date?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

bikerk

The drawing was created in Visio, saved as a jpg, inserted into a Word doc.  I am using Visio 2010.  All drivers up to date.

bikerk

DUH!  The actual Visio file might be helpful. :o

wapperdude

You anticipated my request!   :D

I looked at the drawing and my suspicions were that the line thickness on the toilets/sinks is too small.  Saving as jpg converts from vector based (Visio) to bitmap, and bitmap renders the thin lines very lightly.  You can do a couple of things:  1.)  make the lines heavier.  You'll have to experiment.  You're using Line wt 01, which is a 1/4 pt.  Very light.  Going to wt = 03, 3/4 pt, might be sufficient.  Or, 2.) save as wmf.  File will be much larger though, but, the lines will translate much better.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Worst thing is, JPEG was designed for photographs, any of the other common formats would have been far better, BMP, PNG, GIF, any of them. Except JPEG!
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

bikerk

Thanks, Wapperdude. I hadn't dug down deep enough to discover line weight yet. In the meantime, I merely copied from Visio and pasted into Word.  Everything was nice and black just like it appeared in Visio.  Thanks a bunch for the tip about the line weight!  And Paul, thank you for your input. The reason I went with .jpg was because the end user wanted to insert it into Word. See above. Copy & paste worked perfectly for this one instance!  Thanks all for the lightning fast replies!!!