Visio map directly opening in full screen.

Started by vrouwtjeskip3, March 19, 2015, 05:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrouwtjeskip3

Hey,
I'm Henri and I've build a map of our company with all the inventory places on it. I've link all the data graphics with our database and put the data refresher on automatic so when someone moves something in de company it will change automatically. Now I want to run it like a PowerPoint when an employee opened it, and just only can see the information and zoom in to the details.  That you can't change anything, and the menu bars also invisible. Like a "read only" but than on full screen.

lindir

I have the same problem here.

The only solution I found is to lock all the shape so the employee can't modify or touch anything but it's not on full screen and the menu bar still there.

AndyW

It is possible if you want no user interaction with the diagram, I did this for a lock screen mechanism.

You first have to figure out if you are in full screen or not, as the visCmdFullScreenMode command just toggles. I check if a custom command bar is visible for Visio 2003/2007 or the 'Ribbon' command bar is visible for a later version.

If its not in full screen then DoCmd visCmdFullScreenMode.

I then create a modal transparent form that covers the whole screen, so that any interaction is now with my form not the diagram. In my case as its a lock screen, any key press causes me to pop up another modal dialog to allow the user to unlock with his password or close the diagram.

You could probably catch mouse movement if you were looking to pan around the diagram, but interaction with the diagram would be difficult.

Other than that you are left with customising off the command bars, ribbons and catching key presses etc. This I also done but you will not be able to do that in full screen as interacting with the diagram will take it out of full screen.
Live life with an open mind

vrouwtjeskip3

Hej Lindir I'll found it also:

Paste this code into the VBA project of any documents that you want to open
in full screen:

Private Sub Document_DocumentOpened(ByVal doc As IVDocument)
Visio.Application.DoCmd (Visio.VisUICmds.visCmdFullScreenMode)
End Sub

To get to VBA, press Alt + F11.

You may get a "macro warning" when you double-click the file, just click
"Enable Macros".

AndyW

The full screen command just toggles, so if you are already in full screen it will take you out of it..
Live life with an open mind