Do data shapes need properties pre-configured in order to use formulas?

Started by suddenmischief, March 13, 2015, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suddenmischief

Here's the situation - I hope I can explain this clearly.  I'm getting data for my data graphics from a ShrePoint list - right now it's just contact data but additional columns will be added later. I only want the populated data to appear so I'm using a formula in the ShapeSheet's "Invisible" column for that property. On a single data graphic the formula works just fine, but when I add a new data graphic, the formulas are no longer present.  I've discovered that if I pre-configure the graphic with the property corresponding to the imported data, it will retain the formula. (For example, if I create a property "Phone" in a rectangle shape, set the formula on the property, then import the data, "Phone" will behave as I expect.  Of course, in the ShapeSheet the properties have different names "Prop._VisDM_Phone" when it's imported into a blank shape, "Prop.Phone" when it's pre-configured.

My question is mainly this.  Do I have to pre-configure every property I want to use a formula on? Or is there another way to approach this problem?  Ideally, I just want every property to be invisible if there's no value in the SharePoint list.

I appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance!