Stencil defaults Visio2007-2010

Started by techpubs68, February 13, 2015, 04:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techpubs68

Having an issue with "forward line" and "backward line" connector stencils.  They worked fine in 2007 (which I have), but when I share the .vss to users running 2010, the arrowheads disappear as soon as they are used.  When I check the formatted stencil on the 2010 machine, the arrow heads are not in the properties and have to be re-added.  I don't want to have every single user at my company have to go in and edit these two stencils to put the arrow heads back on when they upgrade to 2010.  Is there a way to force these to stay in place?

Nikolay

Probably that's your user's theme  settings.
You can protect your shapes (connectors) from being affected by user's theme settings (Developer -> Protection -> Theme -> Yes)

techpubs68

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, setting protections against themes didn't work.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Nikolay

Did you try that on a new file?
If not, maybe that problematic file already has the "unprotected" version of your connector saved, then you may need to remove that.
Or you can make sure, that "Match Name on Drop" property is not checked for your connector.

If this is not the case, it would be, like always, much easier, if you post an example Visio file(s) demonstrating the problem.