Connector shapes default out of top and bottom, not sides

Started by dirkasarus-rex, February 11, 2015, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkasarus-rex

Visio 2013 -- I have a shape made of three flow chart boxes, grouped together like a hamburger (top/middle/bottom).  When I click the blue arrow to connect shapes or use the mini shape menu to put a shape to the right, the connector is originated from the top of the rectangle to join the top of the new rectangle.  Placing the second shape then has the connector route from the bottom of the shape to the bottom of the new shape.

Is there a way to control the default location that the connector is originated from and connects to?

Thank you in advance!

Dirkasarus-rex

JuneTheSecond

Please try to add connection points to shapes, and connect to the connection point.
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

Wilhelm

I think I'm struggling with the same type of problem (in 2010).  I've got diamond type milestones which I'm connecting with 1-D 'arrows' (really just lines ending with an arrow point).  I've created connection points only on the left and right hand corners of the diamond, and would like my objects to 'glue' to those connection points only.  Currently, they are 'walking' to the middle of the top and bottom of the shape as well.  Is there a way to keep this from happening, or maybe control it to set the tolerance before it moves to top or bottom somehow? 

Would appreciate any help and guidance.  Thanks

[Some background:  I'm populating my Glue Info / Beg and EndTrigger with _XFTRIGGER(linkedshape!EventXFMod) and setting the 1-D Endpoints all to =GUARD(_WALKGLUE(BegTrigger, EndTrigger, WalkPreference))]

Wilhelm

Thanks, JuneTheSecond

I have since pursued that line of thinking further and changed my approach to define the two objects I'd like to connect (from and toMilestone below) and using another object (an arrow shape called shpObj), so for what it's worth, here goes the final line that achieved it for me:

[/fromMilestone.AutoConnect toMilestone, visAutoConnectDirNone, shpObjcode]