Connector Problem: Automatically distance parallel connectors from each other?

Started by pandadude, January 28, 2015, 06:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadude

Not sure if this should be here or in the code section of the Forum, but here goes:

I have hundreds of connectors running around and I'd like very much for them to be separated by a preset distance of my choosing so that instead of four connectors looking like:

(You can't see if there's one connector here or four)

I get

(2mm)           
(2mm)           
(2mm)           

both horizontally and vertically, and for said connectors to avoid ALL my shapes.

I've tried playing around with:

• the connector behavior from the Developer ribbon [Developer =>Shape Design =>Behavior => Connector]
  • The Layout and routing behaviors [Design => Page Setup => Layout and Routing]  (I've set it to Separate on 'all lines', but it doesn't ALWAYS separate)
  • Auto connect on my boxes (This is the worst, it just turns my manually spaced shapes into a ball of unsightly shapes)

But to no avail.
I also wonder if there's also method to auto-distance all the connectors on a particular shape? (like equidistant light rays coming out from a 2D Sun drawing; or connectors coming out from rectangle shapes in my case)

The other method is to separate the connectors manually, but it's almost impossible to get them to be equally spaced(both on the shapes itself and around each other)

Thanks.

Yacine

Hi Pandadude,
I wouldn't know of any other clever way than using curved connectors.
But that's not a solution for everyone.
I often tend to use separating shapes, which consists of invisible 1D-Shapes with evenly spaced connection points on it  and split my connectors to stick with those points --> tedious, if you've a lot of connectors.
Sorry,
Yacine
Yacine