corner rounding moves shape text on dynamic connector

Started by scott, January 02, 2015, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott

I want to edit the dynamic connector master so it has rounded corners. That part is easy, but changing the rounding also changes the text placement on the connector; it appears to add an offset that increases as the rounding amount increases. Note the difference in text placement between the shapes on the left and the shapes in the center in the attached image; the only difference between the two is that I added rounding to the dynamic connector master before creating the center example. BTW, the rightmost example is the same as the center one but I've aligned the rectangles to show the text offset below the connector line.

This is what I did to set corner rounding for the dynamic connector master:

• Set theme to NONE (this is necessary because the theme settings, including rounding, will override manual settings)
  • Add a dynamic connector to drawing page so the master is added to the document stencil
  • Open the document stencil
  • Right-click the dynamic connector master and Edit Master>Edit Master Shape
  • Select Format>Line and then select one of the corner rounding buttons
  • Save changes
Now when you draw a connector and then add text, the text will be offset from the line.

One additional observation: changing the rounding on a connector on the drawing page before adding text doesn't change the text placement. The problem only arises if you change the rounding on the master in the document stencil.

Any suggestions for a way to change the rounding without affecting the text location?

Paul Herber

After doing the edit it seems that the text location control gets lost as well.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

scott

The only workaround I've found so far is the opposite of what I want to do: leave the Dynamic connector master in the document stencil unchanged and then add code to the ShapeAdded event to set rounding whenever a connector is dropped onto the page.