control shape style based on shape data

Started by dasjoos, January 16, 2015, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dasjoos

Hi -

I'm working with a milestone shape that I've customized and am driving off of a connected data source. I'd like this shape to change style based on whether the milestone is complete or not, which I can determine from the data. Currently I'm controlling the values of the Quick Style section in the ShapeSheet via a formula. This almost works -- the ShapeStyle window highlights the style I want applied -- but the shape doesn't actually change styles.

Is there one place in the ShapeSheet to control the theme/style application for a shape? What am I missing on the application of the style to the shape?

Thanks,
Matt

Yacine

Hi Matt,
Can you upload a drawing (in Visio 2007 format) of your solution to better understand your request?
Yacine

dasjoos

Hi Yacine -

Perhaps this explains it better -- I'm using the QuickStyle section in the ShapeSheet to drive formatting based on some connected data. I've add formulas to the QuickStyle section that toggle based on the data received to either value 3 or 4 (see attached picture). The values in the QuickStyle section are calculated correctly, but the shape itself does not change styles. The rest of the theme and formatting cells appear to be calculated by the THEMEVAL() formula.

This explains the QuickStyle background:
http://visualsignals.typepad.co.uk/vislog/2013/05/visio-2013-themes-in-the-shapesheet-part-2.html

It doesn't appear that QuickStyles were supported in Visio 2010 or earlier.