Server & IT Equipment Templates

Started by KierzoSBC, December 11, 2014, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KierzoSBC

Hi,

I was hoping I could get some help aquiring some elusive templates to represent the varying types of kit my company keeps...

The first of which is "HP StorageWorks Modular Smart Array MSA 30 Single Bus"

I have scoured VisioCafe but have been unable to track iot down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

aledlund

consider these guys
http://www.netzoom.com/nz14/home/index.aspx

when doing data center work (assuming you purchased it) if I needed something not in the available product set they would create it and have it to me in (on average) 72 hours.

My experience is the license is less than the cost (in billing hours) of creating it myself.

Al Edlund

wapperdude

But Al, not everyone charges $1000/hour...you're just special!   ::)   ;)

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

Well not to put a damper on things....but since I am in the storage industry, I should point out that the MSA30 was created the
day before the earth cooled (real real real...aka 5 generations of storage fabric ago...circa early 2000s).

So real surprised somebody would want a new shape for that now.

To that end, you may want to look at visio cafe....HP....legacy/old/etc shapes (if they are indeed still out there).

aledlund

wrapperdude,
It's not a billing rate issue, it's just that I am horribly inept at shape design and tend to take forever to get it done.
:o
al

KierzoSBC

Quote from: vojo on December 12, 2014, 02:02:53 PM
Well not to put a damper on things....but since I am in the storage industry, I should point out that the MSA30 was created the
day before the earth cooled (real real real...aka 5 generations of storage fabric ago...circa early 2000s).

So real surprised somebody would want a new shape for that now.

To that end, you may want to look at visio cafe....HP....legacy/old/etc shapes (if they are indeed still out there).

We dont still have the entire SAN installed...just using the disk arrays as a means of extra stroage for a few legaciy proliants.

Oh and we're government so we're always at least a generation behind!