OnClick for Visio Shapes in SharePoint 2010

Started by rknight, November 19, 2014, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rknight

Hello,

I am having a hard time figuring out something that may be very simple.

I have input the following formula in Visio's EventDblClick field:

IF(FillForegnd=RGB(255,0,0),SETF(GetRef(FillForegnd),RGB(255,255,255)),SETF(GetRef(Pages[pagename]!Sheet.ID!FillForegnd),RGB(255,0,0)))+Gotopage("pagename")

The formula allows me to click on Shape AAA (Page1), change the color of Shape BBB (Page2) and take me to Page2.

The formula work fine in Visio Client, but once I publish the Web Drawing to SharePoint 2010, I cannot click on any shapes. It seems like the formula is obsolete once uploaded to SP2010.

Is there a way to Click on Visio Web Drawing shapes in SP2010 and have the Shapes work the same way the formula work in Visio Client?

I have added a Content Editor Web Part and Visio Web Access Web Part to SP2010 Web Part Page but I've hit a "Knowledge Road Block".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Visio Guy

Hi rknight,

The rendering in SharePoint is not full Visio, so double-clicking will not work.

Visio Services for SharePoint does some nice tricks, like exposing shape data fields and allowing clicks on shapes to do some things, but it is very much drawing-consumption oriented, with limited interaction. Most user interaction is shape-data- and data graphics-oriented.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

rknight

@Visio Guy

Thank you for informing me of Visio's limitations in a SharePoint environment.

Could this funtionality be accomplished with Javascript?