Eventdblclick: Go to different page and change shape's color on the page

Started by rknight, October 30, 2014, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rknight

Hello,

I am new to Visio and have been enjoying the tool so far. Unfortunately I ran into a problem. Hopefully there's a simple solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here we go ;D

When I double click Shape AAA on Page-1, it should change the fill color(red) of Shape BBB on Page-2 and also go to Page-2.
While I'm on Page-2 I would like to double click Shape BBB to be redirected back to Shape AAA on Page-1(Shape AAA will become red after double clicking Shape BBB). After leaving Page-2, Shape BBB will return to its default color.

I've read an earlier post (Oct 10, 2014) which was really helpful but it only solved part of my issue. I was able to use the following formula in Eventdblclick, but it will not send me from Page-1 to Page-2 and the color does not return to default:

=IF(FillForegnd=RGB(255,0,0),SETF(GetRef(FillForegnd),RGB(0,255,0)),SETF(GetRef(Pages[Pagename]!Sheet.ID!FillForegnd),RGB(255,0,0)))

***Basically, I would like to combine =GOTOPAGE("Pagename") with the Formula above :)

Thanks in advance,
Rknight

wapperdude

at the end of the formula add + GOTOPAGE("desired page")

The plus sign catenates commands.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

rknight

@wapperdude

Thanks a million for the fast response and solution to my problem. The solution works. I'm new to Application Development so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank You,
Rknight