Error 339, Resulting shape is too complex

Started by Jennifer, October 24, 2014, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vojo

so...since we all are having fun....this what this knuckle dragging mouth breather did  ;-)

1.  Laid out a column of 20 holes...fill = empty
2.  Placed a rectangle behind them
3.  Use shape operations (I think it was union)
4.  copied resulting shape numerous times and grouped
5   scaled down the group as necessary in order to fit the sheet
6.  copied group numerous times and grouped

then added red/blue/yellow rectangles and placed behind final group

Time duration = < 10 min

I only did this because, as a general rule, I try to stay away from VBA for security reasons.
(not all users will or are able to enable macros).

Us troglodytes applaud the cloud people's more sophisticated efforts ;-)    Yes obscure Star Trek original reference

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Jennifer

Quote from: wapperdude on October 31, 2014, 01:14:48 AM
Original Star Trek, 1969.

You guys might find the sitcom "Big Bang Theory" entertaining.  ;)
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

Jennifer

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. It was almost amazing as Madison Bumgarner in Game 7 of the World Series.  :)

I don't understand most of what you were discussing and I don't have time to study it right now, but I've saved most of it so I can come back to it if I need it again.

Again, thanks for and entertaining and inspiring thread. You guys are very talented.

A big hug to one and all. This is one of the best forums ever.

vojo

Jennifer  RE Star Trek:  "ya think"

So you might find this amusing:  In college, in Engineering...my class has 250 students...20 women.
When ever a woman was in one of our classes, we would see the real world physical phenomena of a Black Hole
No matter where she sat, all the guys would sit as close to her as possible...room could have 100 chairs and 20 students for the class
All 20 students would be around her leaving the rest of the chairs empty

hence "the black hole effect"

vojo

"black hole effect" as in the intense gravitational field exerted by the women on all the surrounding men...aka guys pulled into a tight
"orbit" around her chair.

Jennifer

Quote from: vojo on October 31, 2014, 01:29:16 PM
Jennifer  RE Star Trek:  "ya think"

So you might find this amusing:  In college, in Engineering...my class has 250 students...20 women.
When ever a woman was in one of our classes, we would see the real world physical phenomena of a Black Hole
No matter where she sat, all the guys would sit as close to her as possible...room could have 100 chairs and 20 students for the class
All 20 students would be around her leaving the rest of the chairs empty
When I was an undergrad, it was much more lopsided than that -- but that was probably before you were born. Most engineering classes had no women at all.

Quotehence "the black hole effect"
Er, uh, ... Hmmmm...

Jennifer

Quote from: vojo on October 31, 2014, 01:31:00 PM
"black hole effect" as in the intense gravitational field exerted by the women on all the surrounding men...aka guys pulled into a tight
"orbit" around her chair.
Aha! I'm glad you clarified that...'cause there were other less flattering interpretations  :-X

vojo

Wow....well... Penn State Electrical Engineering class of 1984
Sorry for any confusion on intent...even at the time, being a real nerdfest, I dont recall any disparaging connotation ever remarked.
It was always about how the nerds wanted to be near the rare woman in the class.   Sort of like Howard always scheming to meet women

Jennifer

Quote from: vojo on October 31, 2014, 02:18:13 PM
Wow....well... Penn State Electrical Engineering class of 1984
OK, so maybe you were born, but still in grade school.  ;)
QuoteSorry for any confusion on intent...even at the time, being a real nerdfest, I don't recall any disparaging connotation ever remarked.
It was always about how the nerds wanted to be near the rare woman in the class.
Yes, I was joking. Anyway, nerds are my favorite people. They are quirky, but basically decent and honest.
QuoteSort of like Howard always scheming to meet women
They are all scheming, but he's the creepy one. That's the one part of that show that I really don't like.

Yacine

There are still those ugly artifacts.
Fillings go to random points.
Yacine

Croc

With simple shape should work fine.
Can you put an example?
I want to be limited only to simple shape. Rectangle, circle, triangle.

Yacine

Yacine

Croc

Thank you!
---
A freeform tool is too difficult. It is not drawn itself and corrupts all around.