Page content is offset / bleeds off page when viewed on colleague's computer

Started by mykemurfy, October 20, 2014, 02:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykemurfy

Hi everyone,

I've been running into an odd problem for the last few weeks as I've been collaborating with someone on a Visio document that we pass back and forth.  The visio document is about 50 pages long, and alternates between "section title" pages and actual content pages. 

Every time I open the file after my colleague works on it, all of the page content on the "content" pages is shifted down about 3-4 inches, so it bleeds off the bottom of the background page template (and if it's saved as a PDF with default settings, any clipped content is omitted).

If I fix the content by select-all and dragging it back up to the top of each page, then when my colleague opens the file, they have the opposite problem, with all of the content shifted up 3-4 inches and bleeding off the top edge of the page.

This problem only occurs on the "content" pages, not on the section title pages.  There are two different background pages in use -- one for the section titles and one for all of the content pages, so I suspect it's related to the configuration of the background page setup options, but I'm not sure how.

We went back and forth 2-3 at first, each of us "fixing" the problem each time we Has anyone run into this and found the culprit/solution?

Thanks!
-Mike

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

mykemurfy

Hi Paul,

Very sorry for the omission - we're using Visio Standard 2013 on Windows 7.

Thanks,
-Mike

Paul Herber

Ok, thought it might be. I've moved the topic into the Visio 2013 bugs section.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

mykemurfy

Great, thanks.  I didn't want to rule out user error, but I'm happy to hear that after your sniff test it sounds like I'm not crazy and there may be something unwholesome happening here that's not entirely due to my own actions.  :)