Flowcharting - Optional Step without using Decision Box

Started by matmaliackal, October 17, 2014, 09:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmaliackal

Hello All,

First of all, thank for the feedback I have receieved, it has helped me improve already.

So, we have several process in our HR dept, that requires additional steps based on a conditional field.

For e.g. I have attached a simple process for verification of employment (so based on the requirements, we might need to route the process through Accounting department). However, I don't want to add a decision box just for that decision because this is a simple process and we have other processes where there are lots of optional steps.

File Attached

Thanks all  Matthew

wapperdude

If you're documenting the flow, I don't see a problem with a decision step to route to accounting.  The process is what it is.  Somewhere a decision is made to send to accounting or not.

Also, since it is a very important part of the process, I would be tempted to put the employee release signature as a separate step in the HR channel (channel??? forgot the correct term, duh.).  That way, it's something that needs to be checked to see if it's been provided.

Easier to remove something if not needed than to add it later and have to shift things about.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro