One decision affects multiple stages of process

Started by DanK, September 29, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanK

Hi all,

I am a Visio (and in general flowcharting) newbie and looking for a little help.

I have a process in which one decision (whether a vendor is foreign or domestic) affects my process at multiple stages, however, at each point if the vendor is foreign, I either loop back or add a step.  The general flow of the process remains the same.

So that puts me in a position where I am forced to make the same decision several times during the process, instead of creating two completely separate branches at the first decision point.

Does that sound right?  Would it be ok to map the process that way or is it a best practice to only make each decision once?

Thanks in advance for your help.  I know an attachment would go a long way, but this is still at the sketch on paper stage.

Warm regards,
Dan

matmaliackal

Dan,

Just a heads up that I am rookie as well.

I have come across several instances where this is a struggle as well. What I have done is - that I have not used a decision box each time. Instead I route the connector back to original choice and title the section. Does that make sense?