Smart Shape editing

Started by kimlions, September 25, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimlions

How do I change the line width on a shape delivered by Visio? I want to change the line pt from .24 to 1.0 and even updated the shape sheet but the line does not visually change even when the format window says it has been changed. I am working with the Visio BPMN Basic Shapes Stencil, Task shape.

wapperdude

I don't have access to these shapes, so, I don't know if they are simple shapes or if they are complex, grouped shapes.

Have you tried just selecting the shape and then changing the line width from the menu bar, oops, ribbon?  Does that have any affect?  If so, then your dealing with a grouped shape.  You can confirm this by opening the drawing explorer window, and in the window trying expanding the tree by clicking the "plus" signs.  If the desired shape has a plus sign to expand, it is a grouped shape and  there will be more shapes listed.  You must find the actual shape, and then edit it's shapesheet.

Unfortunately, I have no working experience with the BPMN functionality of Visio, so cannot say if there is underlying code which may clobber any attempts to change the line width, or if there is some setting with the BPMN functionality to allow for that.  It does seem that there is a set of rules that govern BPMN 2.0 compliant drawings and possibly line widths are part of the standard.

Hopefully, a Visio BPMN experienced user can provide more info.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/