Shapes and text box

Started by johnjimssons, September 21, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjimssons

I have imported some custom shapes in visio 2013, but when I drag them onto my drawing I get borders around the text boxes contained in the shape.
On the preview (left side bar) there is no such border visible, also not while dragging. But from the moment I release the shape each text box gets a border.
To fix this I tried going to edit mode on the stencil and then edit master. In the edit view, the text boxes on the shape do not have a border either.
Just to give it a try I clicked each text box and then set the line style to 'none (nothing changed in the edit view as they don't have borders in the first place).
However,  after saving the master and then dragging the shape again, it seemed indeed to have resolved the issue and no more borders are drawn.
My question; is this some kind of known issue? Is there another workaround then me editing each shape and setting the line style for each text field to 'none'?
On a side note: I believe the author of the shapes has converted them as they were made pre-visio 2013 and they are available in different versions (2010,2007 etc).
So maybe this is some kind of conversion issue? I'm however using the visio 2013 version (I tried using the 2010 /2007 version but that didn't change anything wrt borders)

Thanks!

Yacine

Hi John,
I suspect that the text in the master, you're using is allocated to a style, which is defined as having no line in the stencil and lines in your document.
Yacine

iluvdna585

I had this exact problem. I finally found the solution. I've attached a picture of which sections in the ShapeSheet need to be adjusted. Match these values and you should be good to go. Note: I also used the Protection settings for my stencil, including format and all those listed for theme.