Automatically insert title block on a new page

Started by dvigil, August 05, 2014, 09:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvigil

Hello,

I am making drawings and I want to be able to have many pages in one document. There is a background for all the pages, and a title block on the first page in the template. When I create a new document from the template, then insert a new page, the title block does not appear on the new page. It becomes time consuming to insert the title block and position it each time. Is there a way so that when I insert a new page, the title block shape automatically appears on it?

Thank you

wapperdude

Generally, the title block goes on the background page.  Your template ought to include both a normal page plus a background page.  The normal page should reference the background page.

Added new pages will pick-up properties from the previous existing page, i.e., will reference the background page.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

kiler40

Hi dvigil,
I had the same issue some time ago. But i have created a template with some macro that you can check and i hope you can understand the deal.
Also this form is automatically adjusted to any size and orientation of the page. You can see in the shapesheet how :) :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10255673/ExcelInsetTemplate.vst

p.s.
The heather and the footer have some connection between them
the version of the document ( lower left corner, in this case "A" is represented in the top right corner in "WI-E-29002-A")
I think i may post this in the user submitted Stuff :) with some explanation :)

Cheers !