Need Help Displaying Entered Data on a Shape.

Started by jdockjack, August 21, 2014, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdockjack

I have been able to create a pop up box that appears when you drag a shape onto a page.  Once the data is entered into the box I would like two pieces of data to appear within the shape.  I know this is possible I just cannot find how to do it.  I know it must be done while editing the shapesheet.  What section of the shapesheet is this done in, what is the code for doing this?

Yacine

Hi,
try an easier way.
Having the shape selected, go to insert/field, select custom proterties and aprove.
Now hit F2 to edit the text. Place the cursor at the end of the text to unselect it and set the right insertion position. Repeat the field insertion process.
Yacine

jdockjack

QuoteHaving the shape selected, go to insert/field, select custom proterties and aprove.
Now hit F2 to edit the text.

When I open Insert there is not a insert/field, or custom properites to click on.  I am using Visio Professional 2013 if it matters. 

jdockjack

I am trying to use the Process Engineering to get this task done but I am getting stuck on the edit tag portion.

Paul Herber

Use the Insert menu when the shape is in text edit mode.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Yacine

Which data do you want to display? on which shape kind?
Yacine