Text follows middle of connector

Started by novski, August 07, 2014, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novski

Hi
I can not make my text follow the middle of the connector. It always walks a little to left and right side.
Can i glue it to the middle handle of the Connector Line somehow?

You can see in the printscreen i did nothing else then grabed the blue handle and pushed it a lithe to the left. That makes my text go left as expected but also go down a little. Thats not nice. I need a fixed text to the middle...

Is that possible somehow?

best regards
novski

wapperdude

As I recall, you're using Visio 2010.  As I only have V2007, I cannot give you definitive answers.  But, for a V2007 connector, that's a normal behavior.  The movement of the text is controlled by the underlying code.  Not much to do there.  But, I thought V2010 had text along a path option that was supposed to be more robust.

Perhaps a V2010 user will have better insight/info.

For my own purposes, because I wanted to somewhat emulate the text-along-a-path behavior, I made my own "smart connector".  I've attached it, and you're welcome to use it.  If you right click on the connector, there are a lot of configuration options.  You can have 0 to 2 elbows, each elbow is controllable. You can adjust the textbox to be centered or above / below the line.  The control can be positioned anywhere along the line.  As you move the shapes, the connector changes size, and the textbox position along the connector move proportionately.  So, if it's centered along the length, it stays centered.  You can also choose to make the text color to match the line color.

That's about it.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro