Stop Data Graphics from appearing [Solved]

Started by jik_ff, July 18, 2014, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jik_ff

I'm sure I have done this before, but for the life of me I cannot get stop the data graphics from appearing when I assign linked data to one of my shapes.  Now, I do want some of the data to be shown, and I have made my own "callouts" the way I need them done.  Problem is that when I link my data to a shape, it throws in it's own data graphics.  I don't want to have to turn it off (remove) every time the shapes are place (and possibly when the data is updated!).  Why is it turning them on, and how can I make it stop.  In the past I have created several shapes with my own personal callouts and this didn't happen then (though they were made in 2007 Pro, I am currently using 2013 Pro.)

Thanks.

jik_ff

well, I found it.

I don't remember this in 2007, but on the Data Ribbon, under Data Graphics, there is a check box for "Apply after linking data to shapes".  If this is checked, it will throw on data graphics, if you like it or not...

I removed the check mark and now all is good again in the world.   Man I hate when software tries to tell you how you would like something done, without notification on how to turn it off...

JoachimD

Botanique

From myself too, a big thank you for your solution! I was really struggeling to find the cause and you saved my life almost 10 years after your post :)