Short cut to Snap text to Line

Started by mleitao, July 17, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mleitao

Not sure if I should have posted this in the General or in Suggestion but I'll have a go anyway. Is there a way to quickly position text in the center of a line, without using the mouse?  I make many line drawings and I frequently move line ends and it is such a pain to go back to the line text and position it back to the line.
Thanks Michael

wapperdude

Visio does this already...just draw / select line and type text.  Don't need to add a separate text box unless there is some specific reason to do so. 

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

mleitao

@wapperdude That's not what I mean. I'm talking about moving a line with existing text not adding a textbox, when you move the line end the text doesn't stay attached to the line, it floats, which is a hassle since you need to go back and re-attach the text to the line. Just to clarify when I say line I mean the connector tool.

wapperdude

Which version of Visio?

My last update was V2007.  Normal behavior is place line or connector, enter text, text is centered on the middle of the line.  There is a yellow control point that allows you to move the text.  The control point tracks with line shape as you move the ends around.  If that's not happening, then, sounds like something broke. 

If you draw a single, straight connector, type some text, is it centered between the end points?  Now, if you move one of the end points, does it stay centered?  Also, can you post a simple drawing with a misbehaving connector?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro